Skip to main content


Showing posts from May, 2008

You might be able to get away paying speeding fines.

From under Official Warning sub menu: If you have received a Traffic Infringement Notice for a minor offence and you have a good driving record, you may be able to apply for an official warning. You may apply to receive an official warning if you: * hold a current drivers licence (including probationary licence but not including a learner drivers permit) * have not been issued with a speeding or other traffic fine or official warning within the previous two years * were caught doing less than 10 kilometres per hour over the speed limit * do not deny that you were speeding. Each application for an official warning is judged on a case-by-case basis and is subject to the discretion of Victoria Police. To get more information about your eligibility for an official warning call Civic Compliance Victoria on (03) 9200 8111, between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday. Callers from regional Victoria can contact Civic Compliance Victoria on 1800 150 410 for the c