Delicious homemade sesame candy.
Time: 60 minutes
Serve: 80 pieces
- 2 cups black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- Butter 2 baking sheets.
- In a large pan, toast the sesame seeds on medium heat until aromatic. Stir often and continuously till ready. Set it aside.
- In the same pan, mix the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring continuously, then let boil for 2 minutes, still stirring.
- Remove from heat. Quickly stir seeds into the sugar mixture.
- Transfer immediately to one of baking sheets, spreading as best as you can.
- Place the other baking sheet on the top; using a roller to press the seeds into an even and thin sheet.
- With a knife, cut the sesame candy into small pieces while it's still warm.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes and enjoy it.
- Store it in layers separated by wax paper.
- Less honey with more sugar makes candy harder if desired.