- Venus Bay, Victoria
- This is around 2 hours drive from Melbourne.
- Aim for Bay 1, turn left away from the entrance; or bay 5, turn right away from the entrance.
- Map (see below)
- Tide Time (Check at Australian Tide Time)
- Fishing License (Purchase at Kmart or DPI online)
- Container (2-liter per person limit)
- Drinking water
- NO digging tools! (hands and feet only)
- Best time is the low tide towards the lowest tide.
- Pipi could be around 5~10 cm deep.
- When you found one, dig around that area. Usually, they group together in one area.
- Follow others, there are always people around digging pipi.
- Remember to keep your pipi in some sea water, so they can live for a few days.
- Keep pipi alive for a couple days. This helps clean up these sands they digested.
- Put 50/50 fresh water/sea water; change them daily.
- Make stir fries or soups.
View Larger Map