5 eggs, separated
1.5 cups grated walnuts
1 cup grated almonds
1 cup castor sugar
250 unsalted butter
0.5 tsp vanilla
0.5 tsp cinnamon powder
0.5 tsp cloves powder
2 cups self-raising flour
2 cups water
2 cups castor sugar
4 pieces of cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1 slice of lemon with its peel
- Preheat the over to 180C.
- Put butter in the cake tin into the oven to melt it.
- Beat egg white in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- In a large separate bowl, place the butter (butter should be melted by now), sugar and egg yolks and beat with electric mixer until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla and cloves and mix well.
- Add flour and beat well.
- Add the egg whites and beat well.
- Add the walnuts and almonds and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and place in the oven. Cook for 45 ~ 60 minutes until the mixture does not stick when a skewer is placed in the middle. (This will be the time to prepare syrup.)
- Take tine out and cut the cake into diamond shapes but leave cake in the tine and let it cool.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and stir over low heat for 15 ~ 20 minutes.
- Pour hot syrup over cool cake in the tin and leave until cake is cool enough to remove from the tin.