These delicious savoury scones with pumpkin and cheese make an easy and healthy snack your toddler will love.
- 250 g Pumpkin, chopped coarsely
- 2 1/2 cups Self-raising Flour
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 50 g Butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup (30g) Cheddar, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup (20g) Parmesan, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup (125mL) Milk
- 1/4 cup (20g) Extra Parmesan, coarsely grated
- Preheat oven to very hot (240°C). Grease a deep 19cm-square cake pan.
- Boil, steam or microwave pumpkin until just tender and drain. Mash pumpkin in small bowl. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Place flour and sugar in a medium bowl and use your fingertips to rub in butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in cheeses and pumpkin. Make a well in the centre of the mixture, then add only enough milk to mix to a soft, sticky dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until smooth.
- Press dough out to about 2cm in thickness. Cut 4.5cm rounds from the dough (you should get 16 rounds). Place scones, side by side and just touching, in prepared pan. Sprinkle with extra cheese. Bake, uncovered, for about 20 minutes.
Found on Coles Baby&Toddler Club.
Post a Comment