* Full Fare
* Zone 1 & 2
Facts on Myki Money:
- One trip with Myki Mony costs exactly the same as 2-hour Metcard. Currently, it's $5.54. This will be the base unit we used to compare with other fare types.
- A round trip with Myki Money is the same as two 2-hour Metcards or Daily Myki pass.
- Touch Off before 7:15am will be under Early-Bird; meaning FREE.
- Myki 7-day Pass costs exactly the same as using Myki Money for 5 days.
- Myki Money for weekend is $3.30 per day.
There is no point buying Myki 7-day Pass unless you plan to travel during weekend. Another reason not to buy Myki 7-day Pass if you plan to utilize Early Bird.
- The cost of Myki 7-day Pass is $55.40.
- The cost of using Myki Money for 5 days is $55.40. ($5.54 * 2 * 5)
- The cost of using Myki Money for 5 days + one day duirng weekend is $58.70. ($5.54 * 2 * 5 + $3.30)
- The cost of using Myki Money for 5 days with one Early-Bird trip during the weekday is ($5.54 * 4 + $5.54)
- The cost of using Myki Money for 5 days with Early-Bird trips each weekday is $27.70. ($5.54 * 5)
Facts on Myki Pass:
- Myki 7-day Pass is mentioned above. Unless you need to travel all weekdays and at least one day during weekend, there is no point buying it.
- Besides Myki 7-day Pass, Myki Pass can only be purchased in 28 to 365-day range; for example, there is no 20-day Pass.
- Myki Pass for 28-day+ is charged based on daily rate of $6.22.
There is no point buying Myki 365-day Pass unless price is going to be increased AGAIN and you want to lock in the price. The best deal may be to buy Myki 28-day Pass.
The cost of Myki 28-day Pass is $174.16. ($6.22 * 28)
We can go a step further. If we don't travel during weekends, instead of buying Myki 28-day Pass, we need to work out and make sure that Myki Pass expires on a Friday. Also, you want to start you new Myki Pass on a Monday. This works out that Myki 33-day Pass is the best deal (without considering public holidays).
On June 4, 2012, you bought and started using a Myki 28-day Pass. This pass will expire on July 1. You basically paid 2 days over the weekend that you are not going to use. In this case, you would want to purchase Myki 33-day Pass. This pass will expire on July 6 instead. You next Myki Pass will want to start on July 9 with 33-day again, so that it expires on August 10.
Note: For the weekend of July 7 & 8, if you need to travel, Myki Money $3.30 is a better deal than the pass anyway.