For each item you plan to purchase, please answer the following questions with a simple yes or no first:
- Is the product Australian made or owned? Or, are all or some of the ingredients?
- Is it the product local, seasonal and organic?
- Is the packing wasteful or excessive?
- Is the package reusable? Is it recyclable in my kerbside bin?
- How will I dispose of the package?
- Can I buy the same with less packaging?
- How many servings are in this product?
- How many servings will I use when cooking?
- If I don’t use it all, what is the “use by” or “best before” of remaining serves?
- Did I really need this? Was it on my shopping list? (or was it an impulse purchase or ‘special deal’?)
- Alternatively, could I grow my own?
- Alternatively, could I substitute this ingredient/product for something else I already have?